Kayaking the mangroves on a guided tour with Amigos Kayak y SUP Tours is a great way to experience the peaceful nature in Costa Rica. The Terraba-Sierpe wetland mangrove system is one of the largest mangroves in Costa Rica and is an important part of the local biodiversity that is enchanting to witness. Teeming with wildlife, this expansive mangrove system plays an important role in the protection of the intense environment of the Osa Peninsula.
This tour is highly recommended for nature lovers, bird watchers, and those interested in the fascinating forest ecosystem that is periodically flooded by the action of the tides. Come explore the mysteries of the mangroves!
Depart from Plaza Ventanas in Ojochal at a time that is dictated by the tides.
Travel to nearby Coronado to launch into the stillness of the mangrove with a tour of approximately 3 to 4 hours. After this relaxing journey, we will explore a nearby waterfall that is nestled in the jungle and sure to amaze. This bonus trip to El Pavones waterfall includes a very short and easy hike to where you can see the majesty of this natural phenomenon.
Your tour includes:
- Transportation – We provide transportation by a private and comfortable bus from the meeting place to the start of our tour.
- Equipment – We have both single and tandem kayaks for our tours. We select kayaks for comfort and efficiency.
- Safety – We provide the required personal safety equipment including personal floatation devices (life jackets) and helmets when required.
- Food/Water – Water, native fruits, snacks.
What you should bring:
- Dry Bag
- Water Shoes/Walking Shoes
- Swimsuit or non-cotton clothing
- Sunglasses with sunglasses straps attached
- Sunscreen (SPF 30+ and water-resistant)
- Lip balm (SPF 15+)
- Insect repellent (as needed)
- Gratuity for the guides (greatly appreciated)
Reminder: Items you bring must fit in your dry bag or they will be at risk of getting wet. When packing for this kayaking trip, think lightweight and compact.
$70.21 per person
(all taxes and fees included)